What A Week It Was…Google Cloud Platform Training @Google HQ
Hello! Roberto here, stepping in to write a quick note and give you an update on the trip to Google’s headquarters in Mountain View, California. I had a great time, and after an intense week and a series of grueling exams, I am happy to say that we are now an official Partner on the Google Cloud Platform Program!
Google’s Cloud Platform Training for Partners is by invite only and allows cutting edge technology companies like Bimotics to train and receive education on the best practices of the Cloud platform. Google’s training was not limited to Partners only, but to Googlers that use their own Cloud platform to manage internal products. I mingled with Googlers (Google employees) from the Cloud Platform solution as well, toured the campus, and even dined at the famous Charlie’s Café (chef of the Grateful Dead band).
The training focused on 5 cloud platform products and services:
- Google App Engine is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering that lets you build and run applications on Google’s infrastructure.
- Google BigQuery solves the problem of querying massive datasets by enabling super-fast, SQL-like queries against append-only tables, using the processing power of Google's infrastructure.
- Google Cloud Storage allows world-wide storing and retrieval of any amount of data and at any time.
- Google Cloud SQL is a MySQL database that lives in Google's cloud.
- Google Compute Engine is a service that provides virtual machines that run on Google infrastructure.
It was a busy week, but a wonderful and rewarding experience. We are sure to build on the success of been now a Qualified Partner as this raises our profile and gives us great exposure on a global level. More notes to follow in the coming weeks!